Monday, December 21, 2009

Rosemary Shortbread

Although I don't have a real sweet tooth, I do enjoy buttery rich desserts. I've never gotten into the cupcake craze; I just don't care for the sugary icing that most people seem to slather over them. But I do like cookies, particularly ones loaded with butter. Shortbreads are little more than butter, flour and sugar. They are the perfect cookie to accompany an after dinner cup of coffee or espresso. These with their addition of rosemary are a pleasantly adult cookie. Leave out a plate of them for Santa and send the kids to bed. The recipe is from the recently departed Gourmet and can be found here.
Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer

4 comments:

  1. I'm jealous. I wish I didn't have a sweet tooth. I love the addition of rosemary too. What an interesting change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just recently made my very first savory shortbread using Ina Garten's recipe for Blue Cheese Walnut Crackers. They were great and I'm sure rosemary is a wonderful addition too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Santa did enjoy these ;)>
    Cookie, although these have rosemary, they are still a sweet shortbread, to be served with espresso or a shot of grappa, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions you would like me to answer, please e-mail me. Otherwise, please check back on the post where you commented for any updates.